Safety & Security
- All external doors are kept locked at all times and the outside play area is securely fenced off with no access other than through the nursery.
- A recognised adult, known by the staff and whose name is on the child’s registration form, can only collect children. Where a different adult is collecting your child a password is necessary.
- The nursery premises have been thoroughly checked and approved by the Fire Officer, Environmental Health Department and Social Services in accordance with their respective statutory regulations. These checks are carried out on an annual basis.
- Regular fire drills are carried out to ensure all staff know the correct procedure in the event of a fire in the building. Weekly health and safety checks and risks assessments are also carried out.
- All staff employed at the nursery undergo police checks and medical checks. Prior to any new member starting, two written references are requested, along with proof of child care qualification. They all hold first aid certificates which are updated every 3 years.
© 2023 St Lawrence’s Day Nursery. | Website by Newman Marketing